This healthy snack recipe is adapted from a yummy creation of Chocolate Cover Katie called Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal. No chocolate in these cakes though – and they are delicious! They are very quick and easy to make and can be eaten warm from the oven, cooled on the counter, or even cold from the fridge.
- 1 cup rolled oats (50g)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 banana)
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 heaped teaspoons raisins
- 1 tsp melted unrefined coconut oil (or other veg oil)
- 2 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine dry ingredients, but reserve 1 tsp of the coconut, then mix in wet. Spoon into 6 cupcake papers in a muffin tin. Sprinkle remaining coconut over top of cakes. Bake for 20 minutes, or until firm. Finally, set your oven to broil for 3-5 more minutes to brown the tops and toast the coconut.
Calories: about 100 each